DarkVoid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DarkVoid

We are a guild on Mercury in the NA/Global server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSweetestSin
Admin
TheSweetestSin

Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry Empty
PostSubject: Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry   Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 am

Basic Overview of Wizards: Wizards are one of the two magic classes on Cabal, unlike force archers they are built purely on Int while their Str/Dex must remain very low. They must use martial gear and wield 2 orbs, using battle/armor/crystals will mess up your stats. While many people think Wizards cannot tank because of their low defense that is not the case, their bm2 and stun skills make soloing in pve/dungeons very easy, while their hard hitting lances/finishers make pvp/war very easy. While Wizards can be an expensive class to gear they are well worth the alz.

Skills to get:

Buffs:

Regeneration: 4
Hardness: 20
Force Increase: 20
High Regeneration: 20
Spirit Intension: 20
Mass Restore: 20
Art of Force Control: 20
Raise Spirit: 20
Sharpness: 20 NOTE: If you get this skill you will have to skip on a different skill,this buff does nothing to help you but if you are more of a support wizard then sword classes will be looking for you to have this buff.

Lances/Cannons:

Stone Cannon: 20
Fire Cannon: 20
Aqua Cannon: 20
Lightning Cannon: 20 NOTE: While you should get this cannon you should never use it outside of bm2. The cast time is more then that of other cannons, and you will get faster dps using lance. Cannons are for a kd/pve combo or bm2 toolbar.
Terra Lance: 20
Fire Lance: 20
Aqua Lance: 20

Finishers/Fillers for bm2:

Meteorite: 18
Space Collapse: 18
Extreme Dual Cannon: 15
Acid Trap: 20
Hail Storm: 20
Arctic Field: 20
Vacuum: 20

Other Skills:

Blink: 9
Dash: 9
Fade Step: 9
Burning Hand: 1
Freeze: 1

I list Burning Hand and Freeze because while these are two of the first skills that you get they are used for pet skilling as well as regular skilling. Freeze is very helpful for the stun during pet skilling.

PVE combo/BM2 Toolbar:

While my combo may be outdated it has always worked for me so I have not bothered to change it.

EDC--->Meteorite--->Terra Lance--->Fire Cannon--->Aqua Cannon--->Fire Lance--->Space Collapse

If you find you need space collapse sooner switch the position of fire lance and space collapse, if you find you need it later add aqua lance or stone cannon after fire lance.

BM2 Toolbar:

How you set up your bar is up to you, just make sure the skills are in the same order listed.

Meteorite--->Space Collapse--->Arctic Field---EDC--->Hail Storm--->Vacuum--->Stone Cannon--->Lightning Cannon--->Aqua Cannon--->Fire Cannon---Acid Trap---Terra Lance

Put them in order from the bottom to the top adding in dash/blink/hp pots where they normally are. Go from the left to the right until you reach the end of the bar and then continue on the top left to the right. I would suggest still keeping your blink/dash/hp on this bar.

PVP Combo:

There are many different pvp combos you can use on a wizard and obviously I do not know all of them. I will list the one that i used the most often.

Terra lance--->Fire lance--->Meteorite--->Aqua Lance--->Space Collapse

Yes, I used space collapse instead of EDC. This was my personal choice. You may substitute EDC for Space Collapse, personally I just thought it looked better Mad. No really lol, There is a .2 second extra casting time between space collapse and EDC, and there is a considerable damage difference between them as well. When I tested this I decided that for myself SC>EDC.

War combos:

Against Guardians/Gates/Sage Ensign/Towers/Low defense or HP targets/Single or stacked people in war:

Terra lance--->Fire lance--->Aqua Lance--->Meteorite--->Fire Cannon--->EDC

Here I substituted EDC for SC because of the HP down in war, this is very helpful especially against opponents in war.

Against large mobs/High defense or HP targets:

EDC--->Meteorite--->Terra Lance--->Fire Lance--->Aqua Lance--->Space Collapse--->Fire Cannon.

I Personally prefer lances over cannon because of their cast time, if you find cannons work better for you just switch them out. Instead of terra lance/fire lance/aqua lance do stone cannon/fire cannon/aqua cannon and put fire lance at the end.

Gear for PVE/PVP:

Gear for PVE:

While many think you need to use high plussed forcium for PVE this is not the case. I will be listing gear help for pve specific/pvp specific/all around.

While forcium is not necessary if you feel you must use it, invent in forcium amp. I'm not talking about 7%, 3% SLOTTED works as well. However, do not get unslotted forcium amp, the defense is awful. The downside to using forcium is you must increase your str/dex higher then you would if you wore mystic for example. Personally, I never like going below 7% amp on my main character. For PVE here are some suggestions to builds you can do.

Shadow Titanium 7% Amp slotted +9 or higher with Osmium suit 7% amp 50/100 hp +9 or higher and an Osmium helm 36 dmg or 8 rate 20 dmg +9 or higher. While this build won't give you the maximum amount of def it is one of the cheaper builds and if you +9 everything you'll be able to survive. Again, this is where Wiz stun comes in.

Mystic 5%-7% amp Boots/gloves slotted +9 or higher with Osmium/Mystic suit 7% amp 50/100 hp and Osmium/Mystic 36 dmg or 8 rate 20 dmg +9 or higher. This will give you a little bit more def and is a bit more expensive then the s.tit/osm mix.

Sigmetal 5%-7% amp 1/2 slot boots/gloves +9 or higher with Sigmetal suit 7% amp +9 or higher and Sigmetal helm 36 dmg or 8 rate 20 dmg +9 or higher. Often known as the Sg event build. This is an expensive way to go but the defense on the gear is good, and you don't need to put your stats as high as forcium

Forcium 3-7% amp 1/2 slotted boots/gloves/suit with Osmium 36 dmg or 8 rate 20 dmg helm +9. While this build is not recommended unless you are using 7% forcium amp I figured I would put it up anyways.

Personally I mixed these builds for my wiz using 7% amp slotted s.tit gloves, 7% amp 100 hp osmium suit, 7% amp mystic boots, and 36 dmg osmium helm all +9, and I survived very well.

Gear for PVP:

I will just copy and paste the builds that I suggest for pvp build from above. But, if you are going a pure pvp/war build I suggest not going below 7% amp.

Shadow Titanium 7% Amp slotted +9 or higher with Osmium suit 7% amp 50/100 hp +9 or higher and an Osmium helm 36 dmg or 8 rate 20 dmg +9 or higher. While this build won't give you the maximum amount of def it is one of the cheaper builds and if you +9 everything you'll be able to survive. Again, this is where Wiz stun comes in.

Mystic 7% amp Boots/gloves slotted +9 or higher with Osmium/Mystic suit 7% amp 50/100 hp and Osmium/Mystic 36 dmg or 8 rate 20 dmg +9 or higher. This will give you a little bit more def and is a bit more expensive then the s.tit/osm mix.

Sigmetal 7% amp 1/2 slot boots/gloves +9 or higher with Sigmetal suit 7% amp +9 or higher and Sigmetal helm 36 dmg or 8 rate 20 dmg +9 or higher. Often known as the Sg event build. This is an expensive way to go but the defense on the gear is good, and you don't need to put your stats as high as forcium.

Orbs:

While you may hear people saying forcium amp>topaz db for wizards they are wrong. Unlike Force Archers, Wizards are built on their crit damage/crit rate. Here are some recommended orbs

With 8 rate 20 dmg helm, 15/24 helm, 12/24 helm, 10/24 helm:
40 CDI Lapis/Topaz/Sig
26/27 dmg Forcium NOTE: Do not use forcium unless it is at least 26 dmg, it is not worth using a 20 damage or 10 damage as you need to pump your stat points into str/dex to do so. While a 40 dmg lapis/topaz will work just fine.
7 rate 34 damage or 7 rate 40 damage: lapis/topaz/sig NOTE: It's not recommended that with an 8 rate helm you do anything below 7/34 or 7/40.

With a 36 damage, 7/34, 7/40, 40 damage helm:
15/24 Lapis/Topaz/Sig
12/24 Lapis/Topaz/Sig
8 rate 20 damage Lapis/Topaz/Sig

While these are expensive these are the orbs/helms you want to work towards. For cheaper builds:

8 rate helm/5 rate helm you really want to try for 8 rate though:
5 rate lapis/topaz/sig orb 20 damage in slots if you have a 5 rate helm
27 damage lapis/topaz/sig orb 20 damage in slots if you have an 8 rate helm

So if you use an 8 rate helm get 2 27 dmg orbs, if you use a 5 rate helm, get a 5% rate 20 dmg orb and a 27 dmg orb.

36 damage helm/30 damage helm you really want to try for 36 damage though:
5% rate 20 dmg lapis/topaz/sig orbs
27 damage lapis/topaz/sig

THis depends on whether you have a merg ring/kred If you have a merg ring and kred you'll want to get a 5 rate and 27 dmg. if you have no merg ring and a kred you'll want to get 2 27 dmg orbs. If you have no merg and no kred you'll want 2 5% rate 20 dmg orbs.

I personally used a 36 damage helm, 8% rate orb, and 20 dmg forcium that I got for beyond cheap. While I stated earlier not to use forcium. it was from personal experience.

Accessories for PVE/PVP:

For both PVP and PVE use:

Bracelet of Sage +3 slotted or +5/+6/+7 2 of them
Epaulet of sage +6/+7
Ring of Luck x3 or Ring of luck/Rol2 or Ring of luck/Merg
Crit ring +1/+2 depending on what your rings are you will wear at least 1/2 if youre in pvp.
KRED board-This is a must for as soon as you can get it. 3 rate 10 dmg and 5% in a board!
Belt of Vital/Belt of Damp: Depending on pvp/pve althoug belt of vital can be worn for both.

For just PVE:

Vampiric Amulet +3 or higher
Force Absorb ring +3 or higher
or
Life Absorb ring +3 or higher You only need ONE of either, you do not need more then 5% steal in a wiz.
Vampiric Earrings +2 or higher, suggested you get +5's
or
Drosnin Earrings: 25 hp steal or higher in each one. (These are found in IC2 from the extra drosnin quest.)

For just PVP:

Crit rings +1 or +2 depending on whether you use 3 rol+1 you'll use just one, 1 Ring of Luck +1 and 1 Ring of Luck +2 you'll use 2, and 1 Merg ring and 1 Ring of luck +1 or Ring of luck +2 you'll use 2 crit rings.
Amulet of Pain +4 or higher
Force Regeneration Earrings +4 or higher
Drosnin Earrings: You want full hp/def if you use these in war/pvp
Belt of Damp +0 or higher

And that concludes Sweet's guide to magic and wizardry if you have anymore questions just shoot me a message in game.
Back to top Go down
https://darkvoidcabal.board-directory.net
Zyil

PostSubject: Nice Job!   Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Nice Job! looks like you put some work into this. I might make a wizard now Smile
Back to top Go down
TheSweetestSin
Admin
TheSweetestSin

PostSubject: Re: Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry   Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Thanks Smile I'm hoping more people will go through and read this too! Trying to get people to come here and read first before they ask questions that are already listed in these guides haha. In time I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://darkvoidcabal.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry   Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet's Guide to Magic and Wizardry
Page 1 of 1